[App_rpt-users] MY personal info stolen?

Fred Moses fred at moses.bz
Sat Jan 2 22:40:49 UTC 2021

So you would think that.. But the issue was run into a long time ago when seal was the only server in the network.  We had hundreds of nodes that didn’t follow DNS and went to IP only.  In fact ASL Inc is spamming people with direct emails that were never registered with the portal informing them to that fact and to reboot nodes as they are registering to the “old” servers still that have the PTTLink dns on them now.

Got an email this afternoon to our radio club’s directors email address stating that.  That address is only on our groups website. So the ASL board member had to google our callsign goto our website and email that contact address.

If you look at what the admin team posted online they posted that DNS was broken and here is a fix to fix that.  They were just trying to fix the network error and since the board never told them what they were doing how were they to know?   It wasn’t till hours later that statements were posted after the fact.   They were fixing the issue as it was visible to them at the time.  They didn’t steal anything or pirate your personal data.   But people seem to miss that fact and start attacking them for stealing data or splitting the network.  When they in fact didn’t. ASL Inc board members did all of this.  The admins were too busy working on the app_rpt codebase. They weren’t looking for this whole mess till the board shoved it in their laps.

--
Fredric Moses - W8FSM - WQOG498