[App_rpt-users] Letter to the community

Tony Langdon vk3jed at vkradio.com
Wed Jan 6 20:49:58 UTC 2021

On 7/1/21 5:02 am, Brad Trogdon wrote:
> Not that I am trying to stir the pot but I appreciate the dialog in
> trying to wrap my arms around this whole situation.  Censoring the
> thread would remove my (and others) ability to form our own opinions
> of the situation.
I have been following, and it seems this is like any other "war" - the
first casualty is truth.  Ignoring the noise, I've seen two views - one
from each side.  They are in conflict as to the details, but there's no
real way of knowing the actual truth of what happened from what's been
said by either side (and that may take a long time, if ever).

But it has shed some light on the issues.

But for me it's now a question of "Where to from here?"  My main concern
at a practical level is being able to maintain connectivity with both
systems (Allstarlink and PTTlink), as Murphy's Law says chances are I'll
want to be able to do so, to contact nodes that have gone one way or the
other.

I know I can add the extra registration line, but how does that affect
node lookups, authentication, etc?  And if you go to dial a node number
that's duplicated across both networks, which one do you get?
Definitely need "long distance" (actually inter-network dialing) codes
now. :)

I do have a spare (duplicate) configuration of one of my nodes I can
play with on PTTlink.  Let's work on solutions.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com