[FRC] Melbourne update

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Thu Nov 10 21:26:12 EST 2016

I've been holding off on this as I was hoping to have more forward progress to
report.  Also I've been rather busy at work with out much free time to devote
to FRC issues.

Video/audio of the meeting is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLDaJj0OY3U

Prior to the meeting President Kassis and other board members had a discussion
with my group.  The president wanted to know why we were demanding his
removal, and I explained his failure to follow the law and the bylaws made him
unfit for office.  The same held true for directors Fletcher, Rodkis and
Lavender.  The president failed to comprehend how not responding to my inquiry
and my attorneys inquiry was actionable and exposed us to liability.

Secretary Fletcher would not even make eye contact with me when asked about
the phone call he placed to me regarding this inquiry.  He denied even placing
it.

This was not a good start, but we did make some progress.  What we did agree
on was to start a process development committee (PDC) where any member can
propose changes to process and the bylaws and the rest of the members will
vote on it.  This will check the authority of the board and allow any members
to improve FRC process/policies.  My friend Dave, NX4Y agreed to be the PDC
chair with me being a member of this committee.

This was our agreement going into the meeting.  I thought we had some good
progress, and was I positive going into the formal FRC meeting.

At the meeting we did get some of what we wanted, director Lavender was absent
and had tendered his resignation.  The director Butler resigned as well.
Secretary Fletcher, President Kassis, and Dana Rodakis (not present) refused
to resign, but President Kassis had given me his word we would work together.

All was fine till we got to the board meeting, and it was quite obvious
Secretary Fletcher runs things as if he's the president.  One of his first
orders of business was to remove Director Gonzalez from the board for missing
two meetings.

While this is permitted under the bylaws, the FRC has never done it before.
The Director was an acquaintance of mine and director Fetcher made a motion to
remove him due in no small part to this.

President Kassis reappointed the removed Director and they voted to accept it,
with the notable exception of Secretary Fletcher.

After this they created the Process development committee as we'd agreed to
with Dave, NX4Y as the chair.  However they appointed a number of people to
the PDC and refused to appoint me as agreed prior.

Adding further insult to this, Secretary Fletcher invented a new point of
business that I was a member of the FRC, as the board never voted to approve
my membership.  I have been paid for 3 year, have PayPal receipts to Dana
Rodakis proving this, and in the history of the FRC, no members have ever been
approved by the board. Further he stated, they can't process any memberships
as the treasurer was not in attendance!

Moving past this as they knew they were on shaky legal ground, Secretary
Fletcher with President Kassis now invented the requirement that I stop all
legal action and consulting with my attorney regarding the FRC.  This is quite
illegal.  I had to get up and raise my voice for the President to live up to
his end of our agreement.

Eventually a compromise was reached with me agreeing to halt any legal matters
and I'll be part of the committee.  Regardless I said I would consider the
matter closed and we moved forward.

As of now we have a PDC forum website and we're working on the process of the
PDC.  Once this is done, any member will be able to write up a proposal and
have it voted on by the membership.  I believe this will allow us to change
the FRC for the better in the long term.  Our goal is to be up and running
with this in a couple months from Melbourne.

Once this is in place we'll be able to attack the ongoing issues such as:
	New coordination taking months or years
	Renewals not being processed in a timely manner
	The ongoing issue of paper repeaters
	Unprotected or test pairs
	Single points of failure
	Legal compliance (FL, IRS, etc.)
	Etc.

We're going to work hard with the board over the next few months and I hope
we'll have some forward progress soon.  This is most significant development
to come from the FRC in the past 20 years.

Let's look to the future and how we can improve coordination in Florida.

73's
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice