[FRC] Florida Repeater Council Information

DWFComm at aol.com DWFComm at aol.com
Sun Oct 2 23:52:32 EDT 2016

I'm pretty sure that I am not an FRC member, though not  certain..as I have
not had any form of  "Minutes of meetings" in ages -if  ever.
    I had thought that the unusually slow processing speed  was a "due
diligence" effect , and a nuisance at best ..however I have heard of  "Paper
Repeaters" existing and even a story of certain frequencies/pairs being  held
from general use only to be "sold" to some well  healed or politically
influential entities.
    How any of the above -if true- equates  to the  proper management of
frequency assets worries me , and throws the  otherwise best  practices book
into the Chipper.
     If your efforts would include  an  immediate  sweep for DEAD WOOD and
Paper machines ...count me in.
     If it was truly the best the current FRC  could do, God bless them for
the effort , but If stories of malice are  true ..an intervention is
clearly needed.
      However , I can't help thinking that  previous performance of the FRC
and the attrition of  Hams capable of  ginning up a repeater .,constitute a
rapidly approaching drain.
      In my travels over the last few years , I  have heard a shocking ebb
in repeater activity ,and even the once friendly   VHF Spx 146.52 is near
desolate of  travel companions.
  I fear that  HAMS willing to put up with the "WE SAY SO Company  " ethic
of the recent FRC...are likely to believe a new FRC would be  just
rearranging the deck chairs on the "S.S. Minnow"  .
       Yours,
 Dave Fragale
   KA4CNP
 444.4/449.4 192.8
  Seminole

In a message dated 10/2/2016 10:23:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,