[FRC] FYI... Florida Repeater Council Information

MICHAEL WELLS wells8868 at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 3 18:53:47 EDT 2016

????????????????????

      From: Jon Pearl - W4ABC <jonpearl at tampabay.rr.com>
 To: Florida Repeater Council Discussion <frc-info at lists.keekles.org>
 Sent: Monday, October 3, 2016 5:00 PM
 Subject: Re: [FRC] FYI... Florida Repeater Council Information

 Hi Ron, et. al...
  I'm seeing both sides of the conversation, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.
  I've been part of an group that's owned a UHF repeater, both with and without 6M and 10M remote base' for twenty years.  Honestly, this is the first dialogue I've seen among other Florida repeater owners in all those years -- save for an occasional meeting that I've attended. I'm interested in amateur radio, motorcycles, shooting sports, Chevrolet vehicles, and the list goes on.  For all of those interests I've found an email reflector or FB group indispensable to bounce ideas off of others of a common mindset.  If you're technically inclined and are looking to join a large-scale group devoted to every aspect of repeater operations - Repeater-Builder at YahooGroups! works well.  If you're a member of the FRC and ever wished to network with other owners from across the state; heretofore you've out of luck. If the FRC, operating as a volunteer coordinating body is or isn't serving all of its members fairly and equitably, then the group of owners is best served when they're no longer in the dark.  I like the idea of polite discussion.  Share your ideas via email and attend the meetings to be heard.

  73,
  Jon Pearl - W4ABC "Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants; electric light the most efficient policeman." -Justice Louis Brandeis