[FSG-public] Donation Promotion for 220

Bryan Fields bryan at flscg.org
Sun Feb 14 11:32:10 EST 2016

As we work to get 224.280 online at the new site, I've got a bit of a
promotion offer for the group.

*If you make a $160 or greater donation to FSG, you'll get a 220 band Motorola
HT1250.

*These have been professionally modified for wideband FM by changing the IF
filters and further modified to 255 Channels (16 per Zone).
Each will program with the standard window software, and have been checked out
on my test equipment.  I've upgraded the firmware to the newest as well.

While I could sell them for double on eBay
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTOROLA-HT1250LS-217-225MHz-250-channels-VHF-5W-RADIO-will-do-1-25m-Ham-220-/121603728491?hash=item1c5025a46b:g:AtQAAOSweW5VELgI>,
I've donated these to FSG and they are to be used for our members to spur some
activity on the repeaters.
I doubt most on eBay are modified
<http://gallery.keekles.org/d/30580-5/1031151149.jpg> with the filters changed
for wideband.

The HT1250 is a rugged commercial grade HT and includes features not seen on
most ham grade radios.

  * True bi-level squelch, with no setting needed
  * PL and DCS reverse burst, meaning the radio will transmit a shutoff code
    before unkeying, eliminating squelch tail.
  * 1/5 W transmitter, with no measurable harmonics.  I measured one at the
    ARRL Lab booth, where most boafeng HT were failing, this HT was one of the
    cleanest they saw!
  * Great FM audio
  * LOUD! receive audio
  * 24 Hour Clock
  * 5/12.5/20 KHz steps
  * DTMF keypad
  * MDC/tone signaling support
  * Personalized serial number, the radio serial number will be your callsign
    and have a label identifying it to you on the back.
  * Multiple colors, Black, Cammo, Clear,  Yellow, Green, Blue, Red
      o If a color has been taken, I'll let you know what's left, or we can
        get the color you want case off eBay for about 14 dollars.

This is for the radio and antenna only. You'll need to supply a battery,
charger, and optionally, a programing cable.  The Li-Ion batteries
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000mAh-Li-Ion-HNN9013B-Battery-for-MOTOROLA-GP328-GP338-HT750-HT1250-PRO7350-/321267037321?hash=item4acd01f489:g:FDsAAOSwZ1lWg0g%7E>
are about $19 from ebay, and the cables
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-GP328-GP338-HT1250-HT750-GP329-PTX760-GP380-PRO5150-Programming-Cable-/252216275027?hash=item3ab942f053:g:v-MAAOSwo3pWcpBF>
are under $10.

The programing software is up here.
<http://wiki.w9cr.net/index.php/Waris#Software>
These are programed with the local Tampa bay repeaters and should be good to go.
We have 5 available, once they are gone, we may not get more.  There is simply
not a better quality 220 HT on the market.

73's

--
Bryan Fields, W9CR
Florida Simulcast Group, Inc.