[FSG-public] 220 Repeater Mobile coverage

Bryan Fields bryan at flscg.org
Sun Jan 17 21:50:18 EST 2016

I did a bit of experimenting with Radio Mobile tonight and loaded the antenna
pattern in the program.
This would be the expected mobile coverage with a 30W mobile and 3dBd antenna
about 6' off the ground.

http://flscg.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/220-repeater.png

This cannot model the BoA building directly behind the building (bearing 150)
which will block some of the signal in the direction of Riverview.   I don't
know how much of an issue this will be in practice, but looking forward to
find out.

The signal level is in dBm, and most radios will have 12dB of signal to noise
at -122 dBm.  It will be a noisy signal, but understandable.  Around -115dBm
most people will find the audio to be excellent quality with minimal noise.

We're working on getting some racks up there and a test 440 repeater before we
do any major installations.  I'm hoping to have this online next weekend.

73's W9CR

--
Bryan Fields, W9CR
Florida Simulcast Group, Inc.