[FSG-public] Programming help

Bryan Fields bryan at flscg.org
Fri Apr 3 16:20:54 UTC 2020

On 4/2/20 5:10 PM, John Keeting wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm programming my APX8000 for the P25 channels in the area and would like
> to know if there is a "go by" to look at for reference?

Hi John,

FSG has three p25 capable repeaters

https://flscg.org/repeaters/

Ryan KJ4SHL has some more info on them and the others here:

https://kj4shl.com/p25/

The most important thing to understand about the P25 repeaters is they are
mixed mode and linked in both modes.  For linking to work on P25 you need to
have both repeaters on the same talk group too.  By default all repeaters are
on worldwide, and a PTT activation of another talkgroup will change that
repeater to a different talk group.  When this happens the other repeaters
will not hear you unless they are also on that talkgroup.

Our supported talkgroups are:

    10100 - Worldwide
    10200 - North America
    10300 - Europe
    10400 - Pacific

And each has three tac channels too:

    10x01 - TAC 1
    10x02 - TAC 2
    10x03 - TAC 3

so North America TAC 3 is 10203

I will program TG 1 as local too.  This is local to the repeater and will
never link.

Hope that helps, if you want hit me up and I'll schedule a time to get on
there with you.

73's
--
Bryan Fields, W9CR