[Allstar Digital] DMRGateway Hardware and software

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Thu Dec 3 06:24:36 EST 2015

Michael,
I'm using DIAL. DMRlink will run on just about anything supporting Python.
DMRlink installed all in one directory, will only run one instance. For
the basic Gateway, that is enough. If you want to run multiple instances
of DMRlink, you will need to put each instance in it's own directory. I
will include a script that builds the directory structure I use..

73, Steve N4IRS

On 12/03/2015 02:12 AM, Michael Hebert wrote:
> Steve,
>
> What image are you using for the pi? How are you installing DMRlink
> onto the pi?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael KD5DFB
>
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman at msgstor.com
> <mailto:szingman at msgstor.com>> wrote:
>
>     As of right now, all you need is a Pi and DMRlink. Without DMRlink
>     connecting to your repeater, you are not ready for the next step.
>     If you can get the playback app running on your DMR repeater, you
>     are ready. Later this week, I'll put up DMRGateway for download.
>     You will then need the DV3000. Yes it's receive only for now.
>     I have a early picture, this may help.
>     <https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0ax29qgnka9bca/DMRGateway.pdf>
>     <https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0ax29qgnka9bca/DMRGateway.pdf>
>
>     73, Steve N4IRS
>
>     On 12/1/2015 9:59 AM, Robert Newberry wrote:
>>
>>     I got an XPR8300 that I'm going to put on dummy loads. I want to
>>     start testing with this. So other than the DV3000 that plugs into
>>     the RPI2. Is there anything else I need to start experimenting
>>     with DMRlink and DMRgateway?
>>
>>     I have working analog nodes on allstar. I also have access to a
>>     XPR8400 that I can borrow too.
>>
>>     I think as the project exist it's RX only, eventually it will
>>     work both ways right?
>>
>>     N1XBM
>>     Apparare Scientor
>>     Paratus Communicare
>>     Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic