[Allstar Digital] Allstar-Digital Digest, Vol 11, Issue 9

John D. Hays john at hays.org
Wed Aug 17 12:37:03 EDT 2016

I don't get this interpretation. The DMR transmission is a single digital
stream (TDMA).  DMR, unlike D-STAR and Digital Fusion, does not provide a
digitally encoded callsign identification, but we haven't seen any
indication that the FCC is citing people for using it, so long as they
verbally ID according to the rules.  GPS within that digital stream would
seem to simply be accompanying telemetry, so long as identification is
happening in the voice portion, it would seem to me that the transmission
is identified.  What am I missing?

--

John D. Hays

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223