[Allstar Digital] Interconnecting BrandMeister and DMRlink and (HBlink)

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Mon Aug 29 12:28:50 EDT 2016

Since the application this list is built to support, I'm cross posting a
message from Cort, N0MJS posted to the Yahoo K0USY Group linking software.
If you are using DMRlink to run a DMR <---> ASL Gateway or if you are
using DMRlink to provide the ability to connect to multiple networks
with finite control of the TG / TS routing, Please post the  attribution
on your web site.
Without DMRlink creating the DMR to ASL gateway would have been a LOT
more work. As DMRlink and HBlink merge, we will have enhanced
connectivity. If BrandMeister ever decides to support DMRlink trunking,
so much the better. here's hoping.

Cort's post below.

Several people have contacted me recently about using DMRlink to connect
to BrandMeister and about our “network". Thinking about the questions
they’ve been asking, it seemed like a list post is in order.

DMRlink’s bridge.py application uses a modified version of IPSC for
trunking multiple simultaneous calls on the same timeslot between
instances of bridge.py. If you’re running more than one bridge.py, you
can stream many, many calls at the same time between them. BrandMeister
does not implement this protocol. If you’re interconnecting with
BrandMeister, you must NOT specify the IPSC is “TRUNK”, and you can only
send one call per timeslot at a time.

Also, it’s come up again about joining our “network”. K0USY group has
not, is not, and will not build a “network”. We make tools. It’s
unfortunate that there are NO OTHER groups in amateur DMR that can see
the distinction between “network” and “networking software”. We’re
writing software, and giving it away, and impose no rules on how you use
it except that attribution must be given.

Which is the last thing to touch on. The ONLY price you pay to use
DMRlink or HBlink is to provide attribution as we’ve requested in the
realm files in the repositories. The number of people who contact this
list or one of the developers directly who use our tools is substantial,
but when I do a Google search, I see almost nothing. If you’re using
DMRlink, HBlink, or know someone who is, you are required to make public
attribution – such as listing it as we’ve requested on your Web sties,
etc. for your groups, clubs, networks, etc.

This is not a joke. If I don’t start seeing proper attribution out
there, we’ll be moving DMRlink and HBlink to non-public repositories and
not release future developments publicly.

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501

--