[Allstar Digital] MMDVM and Home Brew Repeater

Jon Rorke jrorke at cogeco.ca
Tue Jan 19 11:15:15 EST 2016

Steve can you shoot me the info on connections to the Tait T2000s. I
know you can put a db 9 on the back and wire in the connections.

I just need to see where you wired in on the controller bd.

I have a couple of these radios and would like to interface them for
Allstar or DMR.

By the way I have made a repeater out of Tait TM8110s.

the nice thing about these radios is there is a db 15 on the back and
you can program the the audio out to give you discriminator and direct mod.

Its all done in the Tait SW. A simple harness to be built and it works
great.

I believe these radios are the same guts as the TB7100 repeater 1 u racks.

see attached.

Thanks,

Jon RQ

On 1/19/2016 6:37 AM, Steve Zingman wrote:
> The current version of MMDVM modem firmware and the MMDVMHost program
> are functioning well as a Home Brew DMR Repeater.
>
> I'm using a pair of Tait T20xx mobiles, the receiver connected to the
> discriminator and the transmitter connected to the TCXO audio board.
> The modem is a Arduino Due with the prototype audio board. The
> MMDVMHost program is running on a Raspberry PI2. I'm using the
> Raspberry Pi2 version of DIAL. It's Debian Jessie. (it just works) CPU
> utilization is very low. Audio is good, little or no dropouts.
>
> MMDVMHost provides network connectivity to BrandMeister, So I'm able
> to carry on QSO with remote users. Since ASL 2100 is connected to
> BrandMeister, My audio is being repeateted out on ASL.
>
> I do plan to try out other RF equipment, including Motorola, Kenwood
> and a Tait T800 repeater.
>
> 73, Steve N4IRS

---