[Allstar Digital] MMDVM and Home Brew Repeater

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Tue Jan 19 06:37:19 EST 2016

The current version of MMDVM modem firmware and the MMDVMHost program
are functioning well as a Home Brew DMR Repeater.

I'm using a pair of Tait T20xx mobiles, the receiver connected to the
discriminator and the transmitter connected to the TCXO audio board. The
modem is a Arduino Due with the prototype audio board. The MMDVMHost
program is running on a Raspberry PI2. I'm using the Raspberry Pi2
version of DIAL. It's Debian Jessie. (it just works) CPU utilization is
very low. Audio is good, little or no dropouts.

MMDVMHost provides network connectivity to BrandMeister, So I'm able to
carry on QSO with remote users. Since ASL 2100 is connected to
BrandMeister, My audio is being repeateted out on ASL.

I do plan to try out other RF equipment, including Motorola, Kenwood and
a Tait T800 repeater.

73, Steve N4IRS

--
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic