[Allstar Digital] DPAC

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Wed Jun 8 13:49:34 EDT 2016

The DPAC from Micro-Node is a Dual Port Asterisk Controller. It provides
2 full analog ports based on the CM119 with expaned GPIO support. An on
board real time clock. A dedicated serial port. Two TFT displays. 12V to
5 V regulator to provide power. The DPAC is running a Alpha version of
DIAL2 for ARM. Two standard AllStar nodes were running.  On one TFT
display was AllStar node information from both AllStar nodes.

DMRGateway allowed the DPAC to connect the 2 analog nodes to
BrandMeister and DMR-MARC. Commands were added to Allmon to allow Talk
Group steering from the AllMon web page.

The MMDVM shown in the video was a prototype built by Micro-Node. As of
today, there is no direct connect of the MMDVM to AllStar. MMDVMHost
running on the DPAC provided DMR, D-Star and Fusion. MMDVMHost status
was on the second TFT display. Allmon commands were added to support
D-Star reflector selection from the Allmon web page.

The DPAC was a prototype. We were talking with existing and future users
to see what they wanted the DPAC to do.

DMRGateway is the first "Network Connector" of a larger project named
DVSwitch (tm).

73, Steve N4IRS

On 6/7/2016 11:46 PM, Robert Newberry wrote:

> So I watched the YouTube video with Steve talking about the DPAC.
>
> I have an MTR2000, zum, arduino, and rpi3. I've thought about building
> a mmdvm, but I'd want it to tie into my allstar network, so I've held
> back since I haven't seen much talk about it.
>
> So from watching this video it looks like this product will do both of
> my requirements. There doesn't seem to be much information about the
> DPAC, other than the youtube video. Can you tell us more?
>
> N1XBM
> Apparare Scientor
> Paratus Communicare
> Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
> www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com <http://www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com>

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic