[Allstar Digital] DMRGateway Steering one way audio

Robert Newberry N1XBM at amsat.org
Fri May 13 09:12:50 EDT 2016

So I had a look at things. All files refernced are in
/opt/dmrlink/ambe_audio

So in dmrlink.cfg I have
[AMBE_PEER]
ENABLED: True
RADIO_ID: 312107
IP: 192.168.0.203
PORT: 52345
ALIVE_TIMER: 5
MAX_MISSED: 20
PEER_OPER: True
IPSC_MODE: DIGITAL
TS1_LINK: True
TS2_LINK: True
CSBK_CALL: False
RCM: True
CON_APP: True
XNL_CALL: False
XNL_MASTER: False
DATA_CALL: True
VOICE_CALL: True
MASTER_PEER: False
AUTH_ENABLED: True
AUTH_KEY: A1B2C3
MASTER_IP: 192.168.0.203
MASTER_PORT: 50001

I have in ambe_audio.cfg
# DEFAULTS - General settings.  These values are
#inherited in each subsequent section (defined by section value).
[DEFAULTS]
debug = False                                   # Debug output for each
VOICE frame
outToFile = False                               # Write each AMBE frame to
a file called ambe.bin
outToUDP = True                               # Send each AMBE frame to the
_sock object (turn on/off DMRGateway operation)
gateway = 127.0.0.1                           # IP address of DMRGateway app
toGatewayPort = 31000                      # Port DMRGateway is listening
on for AMBE frames to decode
remoteControlPort = 31002                  # Port that ambe_audio is
listening on for remote control commands
fromGatewayPort = 31003                   # Port to listen on for AMBE
frames to transmit to all peers
gatewayDmrId = 312307                      # id to use when transmitting
from the gateway
tgFilter = 42657                                   # A list of TG IDs to
monitor.  All TGs will be passed to DMRGateway
txTg = 42657                                      # TG to use for all
frames received from DMRGateway -> IPSC
txTs = 2                                               # Slot to use for
frames received from DMRGateway -> IPSC
#
# The section setting defines the current section to use.  By default, the
‘ENABLED’ section in dmrlink.cfg is used.
# Any values in the named section override the values from the DEFAULTS
section.  For example, if the BM section
# has a value for gatewayDmrId it would override the value above.  Only one
section should be set here.  Think
# of this as an easy way to switch between several different configurations
with a single line.
#
#section = BM                                   # Use BM section values
#section = Sandbox                              # Use SANDBOX section values

[AMBE_PEER]
gatewayDmrId = 312307
tgFilter = 42657
txTg = 42657
txTs = 2

[ME_SW]                                         # BrandMeister
tgFilter = 3123                                  # A list of TG IDs to
monitor.  All TGs will be passed to DMRGateway
txTg = 3123                                     # TG to use for all frames
received from DMRGateway -> IPSC
txTs = 2                                          # Slot to use for frames
received from DMRGateway -> IPSC

So AMBE_PEER works fine, I attempted to add ME_SW which only works one way.
The way I tested this is by using my dv4mini on 3123 attempting to talk to
my repeater. Audio passed from my dv4mini to my repeater, but my repeater
(from ASL) will not pass audio to the dv4mini. Also my bridge is setup for
3123 and my local users on the repeater can use 3123 for QSOs.

I'm guessing part of my problem is I need to add ME_SW to dmrlink.cfg.
Although I'm confused about some of the settings such as using duplicate
information, such as ports and IDs.

Thanks