[Allstar Digital] DMRGateway

Robert Newberry N1XBM at amsat.org
Mon Nov 28 09:57:37 EST 2016

I have been playing around with the DV3000 and I noticed something
interesting in regards to the "runaway delay" users that are rapid fire
picket fencing seem to be the causing the problem. I was even able to
see/hear the problem happen.

I have 3 users on my repeater network. one of them was having a problem
with the voter, another always has a extremely poor picket fence signal,
and the last is on a VOX circuit who drops and picks up PTT a lot.

The last two weeks two of the three people fixed their problems and had
solid signals allowing for trouble free DMR <-> Allstar QSO for atleast a
half hour. The third person who is perpetual weak showed up and instantly
the dv3000 started building a delay.

I did some targeted controlled testing and introduced what I'd call rapid
key/unkey and I could make the delay start to a point where it appeared I
somehow over loaded the DV3000 to start it dropping out. I then re ran the
test with solid analog signals for 40 minutes and the gateway ran
perfectly.

I also am using on dv3000 between two repeaters and using the bridge to
route the talkgroup for allstar audio to two repeaters which causes slow
slurred audio on one repeater. I'm still trying to figure out how to stop
this. The problem goes away when I remove the bridge rules to send the
Allstar talkgroup to my other repeater.

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com