[Allstar Digital] Allstar <> dstar bridging PiDV

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Mon Oct 3 19:09:14 EDT 2016

The plan is to reduce the number of components needed to build the
gateway. ircDDBGateway, D-StarGateway and the DV3000u would be the
simplest method of building a D-Star <---> AllStar Gateway.
The UDRC does add D-Star to a existing Yaesu Fusion repeater. It's a
very nice product and I have a channel driver that I think will work
with it. Once I either build a new kernel and headers for Compass or get
the existing headers I need, I'll port AllStar to Compass.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 10/03/2016 04:46 PM, Neil k8it wrote:
> I also have a operational DSTAR to Allstar running on a Northwest
> Digital UDRC connected to a DR-1X .The call sign on DSTAR is KE8EVF. I
> also use the old KI4LKF software running on an ACID X86 machine.
> I would also like to move the function from the ACID machine to a
> RASPBERRY PI.
> Right now the KI4LKF  software talks over the intranet to the IRCDDB
> Gateway behind my router. This lets me talk on DSTAR via Allstar,
> ECHOlink, Wires-X and my local RF connections using C4FM. ITS pretty
> neat to be on DSTAR using a C4FM radio while talking on ALLSTAR
>

> Thanks
> 73 Neil Sablatzky  K8IT
> Allstar Node 41838 KITLINK
> Allstar Node 42087 KITLINK HUB
> IRLP Node exp0068
> Echolink K8IT-L
> WIRES-X K8IT 11479 Room 21479

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic