[Allstar Digital] DMRGateway failure

Robert Newberry N1XBM at amsat.org
Wed Apr 5 14:18:47 EDT 2017

I've encountered a strange problem on my existing system that has been
working for over a year without problem. I have not recently updated the
software nor have I made any changes. The day I noticed it stopped working
correctly I probably haven't even logged into it for weeks. I did all of
the simple stuff like rebooting/ removing power to repeaters, routers,
RPI's still hasn't fixed the problem.

Here is the problem.

-When I TX on my local DMR repeater it is heard on BM by my test subject on
an open spot, but the audio is not being heard on Allstar
-When I TX on Allstar it goes up to BM and is heard by my test subject on
his open spot, but the audio does not repeat on  my local DMR repeater.
-When my test subject TX's on his open spot I hear it on Allstar and DMR.

This never used to work this way, If I TX'd on my DMR repeater it was heard
on Allstar, and in the opposite if I TX'd on Allstar it would be heard on
my DMR repeater locally.

I hope that I formulated my question in a way that makes sense. I am unsure
how to trouble shoot this because it appears that DMRGateway works in both
directions...sort of.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should start troubleshooting this?

--
N1XBM
Apparare Scientor