[Allstar Digital] hb_ambe_audio

Neil k8it k8it at cac.net
Tue Apr 25 12:46:37 EDT 2017

can someone please explain what this
hv-ambe-audio is about.
what hardware is it using
wwhat is the purpose of using it
etc...

Thanks
73 Neil Sablatzky  K8IT
Allstar Node 41838 KITLINK
Allstar Node 42087 KITLINK HUB
IRLP Node exp0068
Echolink K8IT-L
WIRES-X K8IT 11479 Room 21479

From: Mike Zingman
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 8:39 AM
To: Digital linking using Asterisk and app_rpt
Subject: Re: [Allstar Digital] hb_ambe_audio

BTW, had some great QSOs yesterday in "dongle mode", which is using hb_ambe_audio + DMRGateway + mic/speaker.  Worked great.

On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Steve Zingman <szingman at msgstor.com> wrote:

  Mike and I are beta testing ambe_audio and DMRGateway for HBlink. So far so good. The issues with fluttering analog signals and fast keyups has been addressed.
  This should resolve the issue of the outbound DMR signal lagging behind the analog signal more then a short normal display.

  This is BETA testing. It is not ready to be released. I am connecting to a number of high activity ASL hubs to test operation. Right one I have it in receive ONLY so we have one way ASL ---> DMR. I am testing on BM The DMR ID is 1311222 and the TG 311222. The ASL node connected is 2135. Let's see how this goes.

  One advantage to hb_audio is that there is no longer a need to involve BM sysadmins to setup static routing for your connection to BM.
  hb_ambe_audio also supports smaller local networks of MMDVM based devices without the need for a BM server or a c-Bridge.

  hb_ambe_audio and hb_parrot provides us insight into connecting other devices to a HBlink network.

  for DVSwitch, 73 Steve N4IRS

  --
  ---
  "Real programmers use vi, that's why I use nano."