[Allstar Digital] My role with AllStarLink

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Thu May 31 10:02:46 EDT 2018

I would like to let everybody know there has been a change in the board
of directors and leadership of AllStarLink. I have resigned from the
board and as President of the organization. I am working with the board
to transfer all of my responsibilities to others. I expect more
information about the membership of the board will come from them.

When Jim passed away, I was asked to step in and make sure AllStarLink
continued. In fact, my goal was simple, AllStarLink should survive any
single person. No matter who comes and goes, AllStarLink continues to
move forward. We formed a Not for Profit corporation, setup a board of
directors etc. Kevin, Bryan and Tim stepped up and filled out the board.
All three have done quite a few very important tasks that got us on our
feet. We moved the source code to GitHub where everybody could see the
code and contribute. We made sure the DNS was solid and correct. The
servers were backed up. An inventory of servers and application was
built so that we could recover. You can't fix something if you don't
know it exists and where it is. All in all lot's of work was done behind
the scenes. There is still a great deal of thing to be done. We have
teams for the infrastructure, development and administration. All the
teams need people willing to put in the hard work of running what
amounts to a enterprise. If you can help, step up!

I am not falling off the edge of the earth, I have quite a few projects
going. I will continue to contribute in my own way to AllStarLink, just
not in a daily active role. This is a positive step. AllStarLink will
continue to innovate.

73, Steve N4IRS