[App_rpt] Echolink & IRLP

David Craig kf4fwo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 21:51:43 UTC 2006

This will just be my day to ask dumb questions. Even though it is not
widely accepted there are ways to cross connect IRLP & Echolink. Has
anyone made a way to interface Asterisk to Echolink or IRLP. This
could be used in emergency but I'm also thinking about a VOIP phone
patch via Echolink.

Example you are in an area that has an functioning Echolink node but
no phone patch you connect to a remote node that cross the connection
to Asterisk and then gives you dial tone.

Does that make any since?

Thanks,