[App_rpt] Echolink & IRLP

hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Thu Aug 3 22:14:37 UTC 2006

Echolink and IRLP are usually not set up to be full duplex, and are definitely not full duplex if used through a reflector. An autopatch cannot be used on anything but a full duplex system for obvious reasons.

The lack of autopatching and limited full duplex support in echoling and IRLP was one of the reasons we wrote app_rpt.

There is no digital bridge written to bridge app_rpt, and echolink and IRLP, and due to these reasons we don't see the point in writing one.

Steve.