[App_rpt] Setup for a Base to send 2 tone or DTMF tones when dialed number.

Shane Young KØSEY apprpt at shaneyoung.com
Thu Jul 20 20:57:10 UTC 2006

Quoting Shane Burrell <shaneb at metrostat.net>:

> I want to have a phone number that if dialed can auto patch and/or send an
> alert to other radios via DTMF or preferably 2 tone codes.  Does anyone have
> some pointers on how to do this?  I have a Sangoma A104D going to an adtran
> TA750 with 2 FXS ports connected to the radio interface card. I used a
> KCT-19 cord to attach that to my Kenwood TK-880 radio which has my repeater
> freq in it.  I'm really not trying to use this as a repeater but more a way
> to control/interface with my base radio in the office.

I had this working at one time, I'll see if I can find what I had.

If I recall, it worked something like this.

I created a file in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing

I think the channel was local/xxxxx at somecontext

When Asterisk "dialed" local/xxxx at somecontext, you'd call app_rpt with the "dumb" mode.

You'd immeditely be put "on the air"

Then, the call file would specify another context which would play tones and a message.

Again, this is off the top of my head, so I'll look around and see if I can find it again.