[App_rpt] RE : RE : Getting app_rpt base node to work.

f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net
Thu Jul 27 20:46:10 UTC 2006

Shane,

Have you checked with a voltmeter if the polarity of your coper pair is well
reversed during the transmission status ?
When you call the base from a phone, you are in RX mode at starting.
Then, if you push "*9" which is the TX command, you must see the line
polarity reversing and, if all your cables are ok, see your TRX switching to
transmission.
Then, if you push "#", you must see your line reversing polarity again to
come back in receiving polarity and your TRX stop to transmit.

The best way to use a remote TRX with Asterisk from local is to use iaxRPT
softphone, because the PTT is a feature included, only by pressing CTRL or
AltGr keyboard button.

Of course, if connected to an AllStar Link remote node, this process
(switching to TX and coming back to RX) is fully transparent and automatic.

73,
F6HQZ,
Francois BERGERET.