[App_rpt] Interface questions

jon+apprpt at unicomsystems.com jon+apprpt at unicomsystems.com
Thu Jun 22 23:31:50 UTC 2006

Hello all,

First off, I must say that app_rpt looks like a very promising project
and this style or repeater controller looks like the way of the future.

I have a few questions that I couldn't quite come up with an answer for
myself with a high degree of certainty, using the existing material
online.
1). Does the 4 port radio interface card allow for 4 duplex repeater
channels, or 2 duplex repeater channels?

2). The 600 ohm line transformer as used in the analogue radio interface
appears to be out of stock on Digikey. Does anyone have alternative
stockists or transformer models? Or even spares they'd be willing to sell?

3). Is app_rpt compatible with the TDM1200P or similar?

I also have a few more developmental/roadmap oriented questions, namely,
would it be possible for an interface to be developed that used a full duplex
sound card and a serial or other data port to interface to a radio? Or
could an interface be developed that had the necessary functions so that it
only needed an FXO port on the Asterisk side, seeing FXOs can be got from
even basic devices like some winmodems?

Note that I'm not trying to rubbish the project or its developers with these
questions, I'm sure the current interfaces work very well, but seeing as
we're not interfacing phones, I thought it would've been possible design a
way to interface at an even lower price point, opening access further, and
further benefiting app_rpt with greater uptake levels from all sorts of radio
people around the world.

Best Regards,

Jon