[App_rpt] Interface questions

Steve Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Fri Jun 23 14:36:32 UTC 2006

Jon,

See responses below.

On Thursday 22 June 2006 16:31, jon+apprpt at unicomsystems.com wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> First off, I must say that app_rpt looks like a very promising project
> and this style or repeater controller looks like the way of the future.
>
> I have a few questions that I couldn't quite come up with an answer for
> myself with a high degree of certainty, using the existing material
> online.
> 1). Does the 4 port radio interface card allow for 4 duplex repeater
> channels, or 2 duplex repeater channels?

4 duplex radio channels.

> 2). The 600 ohm line transformer as used in the analogue radio interface
> appears to be out of stock on Digikey. Does anyone have alternative
> stockists or transformer models? Or even spares they'd be willing to sell?

Last time we bought them form excesssolutions.com

> 3). Is app_rpt compatible with the TDM1200P or similar?

We haven't tested this but the chips used on the TDM1200p are exactly the same
as the ones used on the TDM400.

> I also have a few more developmental/roadmap oriented questions, namely,
> would it be possible for an interface to be developed that used a full
> duplex sound card and a serial or other data port to interface to a radio?
> Or could an interface be developed that had the necessary functions so that
> it only needed an FXO port on the Asterisk side, seeing FXOs can be got
> from even basic devices like some winmodems?

Too many sound cards out there to support and having to deal with all of them
is a burden we don't want to shoulder.

> Note that I'm not trying to rubbish the project or its developers with
> these questions, I'm sure the current interfaces work very well, but seeing
> as we're not interfacing phones, I thought it would've been possible design
> a way to interface at an even lower price point, opening access further,
> and further benefiting app_rpt with greater uptake levels from all sorts of
> radio people around the world.

Let's just say that we are aware of this issue, and that we are working on a
solution.