[App_rpt] Setting up a simplex node

Stephen Brown Jr stephen.brown75 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 18:06:52 UTC 2007

> We would like to suggest you plan to build a full-duplex system as this
will provide much more flexibility than a simplex node.

That brings up another interesting point that I failed to mention in my
original posting. I am a little confused as to the definition of full
duplex. When I think full duplex, I think that of like a telephone
conversation where the caller and receiver can both talk at the same time.
How exactly does this work in App_rpt? I only have one radio to work with
with one simplex frequency, is this not intended for this type of setup?

>BTW: We are working on a less expensive solution which requires 2 of
inexpensive X100p FXO cards (around $10-$20) plus a modified ARIB, but it
isn't >ready yet as it requires either changes to the ARIB, or an addtional
external board.

That sounds like a more economical solution. Do you plan on having this
anytime soon?

One of the biggest things that attracted me to this project was openness. I
think echolink and IRLP are excellent systems, but too closed and
proprietary in nature which prohibits experimentation. I hope this project
goes far!

73's and tnx
Stephen
N1VLV