[App_rpt] Rpt access while disabled

Mark Hagler markhagler at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 06:38:19 UTC 2007

I wonder if anybody has a workaround for this:

The repeater this afternoon was picking up some awful interference on
the input and was transmitting it constantly.   I have a phone number
in my Asterisk dialplan that starts the Rpt application into the
repeater using the P flag.

Using this phone-line control interface I was able to dial the digits
for the control op command to disable the repeater.

Now, I'd like to enable it again using the same method, except
apparently you can't connect in with the Rpt application if TX is
already disabled.  I get this error:

    -- Executing [573 at stations:1] Rpt("SIP/700-095735c0", "1|P") in new stack
[Nov 13 22:35:20] NOTICE[1815]: app_rpt.c:10987 rpt_exec: Connect
attempt to node 1  with tx disabled

Is there a way to come in remotely via the phone and enable a disabled
repeater again?

Thanks,

Mark Hagler W7WMH