[App_rpt] Cannot understand Radio requirements

Mohamed A. Gombolaty mgombolaty at noorgroup.net
Sun Sep 9 08:58:07 UTC 2007

Dear All,

I haven't had a reply back and I do really need help cause I am still
fuzzy about the radio components in this project, anyway it seems to me
that after the radio quad do I need to have uhf/vhf remote base to
communicate with radio devices or are there other options I need
something small and my range will not exceed a kilometer.

Thx
MAG

"Mohamed A. Gombolaty" wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am very interested in using the radio option in conjunction with my
> already created asterisk network, but I have no experience in the
> radio part nor have I any close idea about.
>
> I studied this application requirements and saw the hardware needed
> they describe a radio quad which uses RJ 45 but I can't see
> where the RJ goes in order to be able to communicate  with the radio
> devices, I have absolutely no knowledge in two way radio
> devices so I hope some one could complete the full picture for me
> behind the radio quad.
>
> And what I plan to use this feature is to expand my * PBX network to
> remote sites and use it to talk to
> onsite engineers through the two way radio devices  using iaxrpt.
>

> --
> Thx
> MAG

Thx