[App_rpt] ACID system adminostrators guide

Skip WB6YMH wb6ymh at cox.net
Sat Aug 2 20:49:37 UTC 2008

> all,
>

> There is a 44 page document on dl.allstarlink.org which may answer a lot
> of questions about how to configure app_rpt and Asterisk on an ACID
> system. Hopefully, this will answer a lot of the same questions we keep
> seeing on the list.

Excellent!

But ... this brings up a new question.  Where do your bandwidth numbers
come from for the chart on page 6?  Is that the total bandwidth in *both*
directions?  The numbers are about a double of the 17kbps I calculate for
EchoLink.

{  (8000 samples/second) / (160 samples/gsm frame) / (4 gsm
frames/packet) =  12.5 packets/second.  or 1 packet every .08 seconds.
Each packet consists of an IP header and an UDP header so
(12.5 packets/second) * (20+8+12+(33 * 4)) bytes/packet) * 8 bits/byte =
17200 bits/second.}

73's Skip WB6YMH