[App_rpt] Problem tuning USB Radio Interface

Roger F. Jordan Sr. w4rfj at comcast.net
Fri Feb 15 01:55:08 UTC 2008

Jeff Lavoie [wqex694 at wqex694.info] Wrote:

>I seem to have a problem tuning the USB radio interface.  Here'e what I get
in the CLI.

>*CLI> radio tune

>Active radio interface is [usb]

>Output A is currently set to composite.

>Output B is currently set to voice.

>Tx Voice Level currently set to 500

>Tx Tone Level currently set to 200

>Rx Squelch currently set to 500

>Device String is 3-2

>Usage: radio tune <function>

>       rxnoise

>       rxvoice

>       rxtone

>       rxsquelch [newsetting]

>       txvoice [newsetting]

>       txtone [newsetting]

>       auxvoice [newsetting]

>       save (settings to tuning file)

>       load (tuning settings from EEPROM)

>       All [newsetting]'s are values 0-999

>*CLI> radio tune rxnoise

>tune rxnoise maxtries=12, target=23000, tolerance=2000

>tries=0, setting=2, meas=1

>tries=1, setting=16, meas=1

>tries=2, setting=16, meas=1

>tries=3, setting=16, meas=1

>tries=4, setting=16, meas=1

>tries=5, setting=16, meas=1

>tries=6, setting=16, meas=1

>tries=7, setting=16, meas=1

>tries=8, setting=16, meas=1

>tries=9, setting=16, meas=1

>tries=10, setting=16, meas=1

>tries=11, setting=16, meas=1

>DONE tries=12, setting=1000, meas=1

>ERROR: RX INPUT ADJUST FAILED.

>*CLI>

>I know I have audio going into the device.  When I made the modifications
to the usb device, I decided not to remove the >audio output jack so that I
may use it for testing purposes.  So I plugged some speakers in, went into
alsamixer, un->muted the microphone, turned it up a little, and I had sound
from the radio without any problems.  So why can't asterisk >hear the sound
when tuning?  Have I forgotten to do something else before trying this?

>Jeff

Well I am getting the same thing except the Meas= is around 9-11 and the
final Done line reads tries=12 setting=1000 measure=10

And I can't get the usb fob to repeat!... however is does decode DTMF in
double. IE push the tone once and it shows up as being decoded twice on the
CLI.  I am thinking I need to reinstall this EVB setup I have been trying to
get working!

Anyone have any ideas??

Best Regards,

Roger W4RFJ