[App_rpt] Problem tuning USB Radio Interface

Don Russell w9drr at live.com
Fri Feb 15 17:05:53 UTC 2008

The reason its not repeating is probably due to not decoding the PL due to improper levels, or its not set to use the COR/COS line. Maybe the logic is backward.
If its decoding dtmf so thats Good. I had to remove the voltage divider for my radio as some radios have
really strong disc. outputs others are more sedate. Measure the audio voltage, if its not way too hot,
then run it strait in the fob sans the divider.

Also make sure your audio going into the fob isn't squelched. One repeater I interfaced into the audio was still preemphasized and was squelched.
That made it fun for adjusting levels. (MSR2000). It was wired for an NHRC-2, so I changed the pinout of the 9pin to that spec, so the controllers
are interchangable. I am building a dtmf decoder for the control freq so I can s
0
On a side note, I'm still fighting a ground loop between the PC and the receiver. I have 60hz hum, only on the receiver, the transmitted audio is
fine. They are on the same outlet, I added a 1:1 audio balun on both the tx and rx audio lines. I ran a ground strap between the chassis of
the repeater, the PC, and the main ground bus. That all helped, but still hear the hum. I remove the usb interface connector and use
the backup controller (NHRC2), no hum. Weirdness....

Don