[App_rpt] distro preference?

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 12:36:10 UTC 2008

I was under the impression that you wanted something that was not pre-canned. Steve's (W9SH) distro that uses EasyVoxBox on top of
Centos is a wonderful option if you want something quick and easy. It will make your radio stuff work very nicely. God help you though if
you want to use it as a phone switch also. It marrys you to using their very hard to follow gui poop for configuration, which I have a really
hard time following. Honestly, I have, several times, not been able to help people solve very simple telephony-related problems because that
whole gui thing made the config completely huge and impossible to follow (part of it was that I couldnt get to the gui, I only had ssh access).
This is just my personal opinion and experiences. Im sure that people that know the gui would completely disagree with me. Im not sure Id
blame them.