[App_rpt] distro preference?

Eric Fort eric.fort at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 19:25:21 UTC 2008

Yes I definitely do not want a pre canned solution and most of the people
I've spoken with have had the same opinion about using the GUI config
'tools'.  Likely it will be used as a phone switch as well, though in this
install using sip/iax2 connections only.

my main question about distro preference though is more pointed at the base
distro, i.e. centos vs fedora vs debian vs ubuntu, et al....  A preference
was expressed toward centos or fedora and I'm just asking if one distro
actually makes getting an asterisk/app_rpt system running and the
administration thereafter any easier over another or is the preference more
along the lines of some people like chedar cheese and some like provolone.
What would be the specific reasons for choosing one base distro over another
for a asterisk/app_rpt box?

Thanks,

Eric