[App_rpt] Hot TX audio

hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Mon Jul 14 22:52:31 UTC 2008

Use an 'L' network made out of 2 resistors. Start with 68 kohms for the top resistor, and 470 ohms for the bottom resistor. Feed the output output from the fob to the top resistor, and take the audio at the tap for the microphone input. Connect the bottom of the 470 ohm resistor to mic ground.

There's no standard for microphone sensitivity across radios. It varies all over the place from a few millivolts
P-P to a volt P-P or so.

If you are willing to tear the radio apart, you could inject
the USB fob output right into the modulator of the radio. This will provide the best signal to noise ratio. This is what I prefer to do.

Steve
WA6ZFT