[App_rpt] URI configuration help

Stephen Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Sat Jul 19 22:56:19 UTC 2008

David,

This is one area where our documentation falls short. We have got
automated installs and config examples for single-node systems, but
no examples for multi-node systems. Basically for each usb mode
entries will need to be made in usbradio.conf, rpt.conf, and
extensions.conf.

*** usbradio.conf ***

[general]

; Nothing in the general section for multiple devices.

[usb] ; first node
; Insert all USB config options from usbradio.conf.sample here except
; for devicenum setting. Modify settings to suit configuration.
.
.
.
devicenum=0 ; unique for each device defined
.
.
.
[usb1] ; second node
.
.
.
devicenum=1
.
.
.

[usb2] ; third node
.
.
.
devicenum=2
.
.
.

*** extensions.conf ****

exten => 1234,1,rpt,1234 # first node
exten => 5678,1,rpt,5678 # second node
exten => 9012,1,rpt,9012 # third node

**** rpt.conf ****

rpt.conf

[1234] ; first node
rxchannel = Radio/usb
; Configuration settings from rpt.conf.sample tailored to your
application follow the channel definition above.
.
.
.
[5678] ; second node
rxchannel = Radio/usb1
; Configuration settings from rpt.conf.sample tailored to your
application follow the channel definition above.
.
.
.
[9012] ; third node
rxchannel = Radio/usb2
; Configuration settings from rpt.conf.sample tailored to your
application follow the channel definition above.
.
.
.

Standard disclaimer boilerplate: I tried to answer your question. I
haven't tested what is documented above. I just did some quick research
to come up with this answer, and the research was not in-depth, There
may very well be something I left out, so your mileage may vary. There
are no guarantees. If you find something and fix it, please post it back
to the list so everyone will benefit from it.

Steve
WA6ZFT