[App_rpt] USB Radio for MAC??

Stephen Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Sun Jul 20 21:17:45 UTC 2008

Josh,

Zap pseudo channels and conferences are indeed used in app_rpt:

>         /* allocate a pseudo-channel thru asterisk */
>         myrpt->pchannel = ast_request("zap",AST_FORMAT_SLINEAR,"pseudo",NULL);
>         if (!myrpt->pchannel)
>         {
>                 fprintf(stderr,"rpt:Sorry unable to obtain pseudo channel\n");
>                 rpt_mutex_unlock(&myrpt->lock);                if (myrpt->txchannel != myrpt->rxchannel)
>                         ast_hangup(myrpt->txchannel);
>                 ast_hangup(myrpt->rxchannel);
>                 myrpt->rpt_thread = AST_PTHREADT_STOP;
>                 pthread_exit(NULL);

App_rpt uses zaptel conferences and pseudo channels which rely on
ztdummy as a timing source. The whole app_rpt application would have to
be rewritten to not use zaptel conferences, and new kernel driver
outside of zaptel would be required to time the transmfer of the bytes
within the conference.

Steve
WA6ZFT