[App_rpt] URI configuration help

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Mon Jul 21 05:08:11 UTC 2008

Hi Roger & Steve,

Well, I'm making progress. I've noticed a couple more things I thought I'd
mention. First, I've got a strange situation where I can only properly
access 2 of the 3 URI's I have attached to the PC....Initially, I only
plugged 1 URI in and couldn't get it to work at all (though the green LED
was blinking)....Then, when I plugged in a 2nd URI, the first started
working (with my TKR-850)....Today, I found that the second wasn't
functional....So, tonight, experimentally, I plugged in a 3rd URI and
both of the original 2 are now working. Strange.....Perhaps this has
something to do with udev? Anyway, this isn't holding me up at the moment.

The second issue is more troublesome. I can't get the repeater to link to
the remote base....When I issue the connect command: *2(node number), the
controller says it's linking both on the console and verbally. But, then
it seems to hang totally with the TX enabled from the end that received
the commands. I've tried this both ways--repeater to remote base (commands
from the repeater) and vice versa. I end up having to kill -9 the asterisk
process to regain control--"stop now" from the asterisk console
hangs...This should work, right?

Thanks in advance!

David KB4FXC