[App_rpt] URI configuration help

Stephen Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Tue Jul 22 04:06:39 UTC 2008

David,

One thing I forgot to mention after I looked over your configs.

1. You mentioned the second radio was a remote base. You should have a
,y on the end of a remote base node like this:

222 = radio at 127.0.0.1/222,NONE,y  ; Change this to your assigned node number

2. As a starting point, a remote base node should have a node stanza
which looks like this:

[222]

;devicenum=1 				;  Not necessary, remove. Device
					; automatically assigned.

rxchannel = radio/usb1                  ; Rx audio/signalling channel

remote = ic706
functions = remote-functions

phone_functions = remote-functions
ioport = /dev/ttyS0			; Specify port for serial port
civaddr = 88				; Specify CIV address for IC706

And a function list like this:

[remote-functions]

0=remote,1                              ; Retrieve Memory

1=remote,2                              ; Set freq.

2=remote,3                              ; Set tx PL tone

3=remote,4                              ; Set rx PL tone

40=remote,100                           ; Rx PL off

41=remote,101                           ; Rx PL on

42=remote,102                           ; Tx PL off

43=remote,103                           ; Tx PL on

44=remote,104                           ; Low Power

45=remote,105                           ; Medium Power

46=remote,106                           ; High Power

711=remote,107                          ; Bump -20

714=remote,108                          ; Bump -100

717=remote,109                          ; Bump -500

713=remote,110                          ; Bump +20

716=remote,111                          ; Bump +100

719=remote,112                          ; Bump +500

721=remote,113                          ; Scan - slow

724=remote,114                          ; Scan - quick

727=remote,115                          ; Scan - fast

723=remote,116                          ; Scan + slow

726=remote,117                          ; Scan + quick

729=remote,118                          ; Scan + fast

79=remote,119                           ; Tune

51=remote,5                             ; Long status query

52=remote,140                           ; Short status query

6=remote,6                              ; Set mode
98=cop,6

Steve
WA6ZFT

David McGough wrote:
> [...]
> asterisk PBXs....I figured this would give me my best connectivity option
> from the road with the laptop.
>
> But, for the moment, I'll back down to the ACID release and give it a try.
>
> Thanks so much for all your help!
>
> 73, David KB4FXC
>

> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Stephen Rodgers wrote:
>
>> David,
>>
>> Using the latest version of Asterisk may be the cause of your problems.
>> Why did you feel the need to upgrade it from what comes with EVB?
>>
>> Troubleshooting the lockup on an unproven system configuration will be a
>> complete waste of your time if you aren't a developer and able to fix
>> things yourself in the code and are willing to spend hours and hours
>> tracking down the root cause of the problem. If you want to get
>> something running quickly, you have to resist the urge to update code to
>> the latest and greatest and stick to that which has a track record of
>> working.
>>
>> There are several people running plain vanilla multi-node EVB systems
>> (Roger W4RFJ and Will W4WWM). I'm running a two node ACID system on the
>> bench but it doesn't have all that much test time on it. (It doesn't
>> lock up when the two nodes are connected together though.) There is one
>> other person running ACID on a two node system (Randy KC6HUR) he might
>> be able to give some insight as to how well it works.
>>

>> This is one of the few problems with open source, you just don't know in
>> advance which combinations of programs will play nice together without
>> doing extensive testing yourself and troubleshooting the problems
>> yourself. This is why EVB and ACID exist. There are just to many things
>> which can go terribly wrong when programs are updated to the latest and
>> greatest versions.
>>
>> Steve
>>

>> David McGough wrote:
>>> Hi Steve,
>>>
>>> I am running a EVB base system--centos 5 and 2.6.18-53.1.21.el5 kernel. I
>>> updated asterisk to a hand-compiled version (1.4.21) using the latest
>>> app_rpt and chan_usb code from Xelatek's SVN....Maybe I'll back down to
>>> the ACID release.
>>>
>>> The URI's are plugged directly into the PC, and 2 of the 3 seem to be
>>> working fine--other than I can't connect the extensions together. The
>>> TKR-850 (set internally in duplex mode and is asterisk extension 111)
>>> works as a repeater, and accepts DTMF commands, etc....And, the remote
>>> base (currently a IC-706mk2g, extension 222) also accepts DTMF commands,
>>> etc....But, when I try to connect these units (using *3<node>), I get a
>>> lock up....
>>>
>>> I reduced my extensions.conf file to the below for testing:
>>>
>>> ---------------extensions.conf---------------------------------------
>>> [general]
>>>
>>> static=yes       ; These two lines prevent the command-line interface
>>> writeprotect=yes ; from overwriting the config file. Leave them here.

>>> exten => 111,1,rpt,111
>>> exten => 222,1,rpt,222
>>>
>>> [autopatch]
>>>
>>> And, here is my rpt.conf:
>>> ---------------rpt.conf---------------------------------------------
>>> ; Radio Repeater configuration file (for use with app_rpt)
>>> ;
>>>

>>> [111]                           ; Change this to your assigned node number
>>>
>>> rxchannel = Radio/usb                   ; Rx audio/signalling channel
>>> controlstates=controlstates             ; system control state list
>>> scheduler=schedule;                     ; scheduler entries
>>> functions=functions                     ; Repeater Function Table
>>> phone_functions=functions               ; Repeater Function Table
>>> link_functions=link-functions           ; Link Function Table
>>> telemetry=telemetry                     ; Telemetry descriptions
>>> wait_times=wait-times                   ; Wait times
>>> context = autopatch                     ; dialing context for phone
>>> callerid = "Repeater" <0000000000> ; callerid for phone calls
>>> ;idrecording = |iid                     ; id recording or morse string
>>> idrecording=|ikb4fxc/r                  ; id recording or morse string
>>> accountcode=RADIO                       ; account code (optional)
>>> hangtime=1000                           ; squelch tail hang time (in ms)
>>> (optional)
>>> althangtime=4000                        ; longer squelch tail
>>> totime=170000                           ; transmit time-out time (in ms)
>>> (optional)
>>> totime=10000
>>> idtime=540000                           ; id interval time (in ms)
> [...]
>>> (optional)
>>> totime=10000
>>> idtime=540000                           ; id interval time (in ms)
>>> (optional)
>>> ; The default values for hangtime, time-out time, and id interval time are
>>> ; 5 seconds (5000 ms),  3 minutes (180000 ms), and 5 minutes (300000 ms)
>>> ; respectively
>>>
>>> politeid=30000                          ; time in milliseconds before ID timer
>>>
>>>                                         ; expires to try and ID in the tail.
>>>                                         ; (optional, default is 30000).
>>> idtalkover=|iid                         ; Talkover ID (optional) default is none
>>> unlinkedct=ct2                          ; unlinked courtesy tone (optional) default is none
>>> remotect=ct3
>>> duplex=0
>>>

>>> ;///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>>> 1=ilink,1                               ; Specific link disconnect
>>> 2=ilink,2                               ; Specific Link connect -  monitor
>>> only
>>> 3=ilink,3                               ; Specific Link connect - transceive
>>> 4=ilink,4                               ; Enter command mode on a specific link
>>> 7=ilink,5                               ; Link status
>>>
>>> 80=status,1                             ; System info
>>> 81=status,2                             ; Time
>>> 82=status,3                             ; app_rpt.c Version
>>> 87=ilink,15                             ; long range sensors
>>>
>>> ;6=autopatchup,noct=1,farenddisconnect=1,dialtime=20000 ; Autopatch up
>>> ;0=autopatchdn                          ; Autopatch down
>>>
>>> 99=cop,4                                ; Test tone
>>> 98=cop,6                                ; Phone TX key
>>>

>>> ;///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>>> ;
>>> ; Link function table
>>> ;
>>> ; If this section is defined, then the remote user accessing our machine
>>> in command mode
>>> ; will only be able to do the functions defined in this section. If this
>>> section is
>>> ; omitted, then the link functions will be the same as the repeater
>>> functions.
>>> ;
>>>

>>> [link-functions]
>>> 1=ilink,1                               ; Specific link disconnect
>>> 2=ilink,2                               ; Specific Link connect -  monitor
>>> only
>>> 3=ilink,3                               ; Specific Link connect -
>>> transceive
>>> 4=ilink,4                               ; Command mode
>>> 80=status,1                             ; System info
>>> 81=status,2                             ; Time
>>> 82=status,3                             ; app_rpt.c Version
>>> 87=ilink,15                             ; long range sensors
>>>
>>> ;6=autopatchup,farenddisconnect=1,noct=1,dialtime=20000 ; Autopatch up
>>> ;0=autopatchdn                           ; Autopatch down
>>>
>>> 99=cop,4                                ; Test tone
>>>
>>> [telemetry]
>>>
>>> ; Telemetry entries can be shared across all repeaters, or defined for
>>> each repeater.
>>> ; Can be a tone sequence, morse string, or a file
>>> ;
>>> ; |t - Tone escape sequence
>>> ;
>>> ; Tone sequences consist of 1 or more 4-tuple entries (freq1, freq2,
>>> duration, amplitude)
>>> ; Single frequencies are created by setting freq1 or freq2 to zero.
>>> ;
>>> ; |m - Morse escape sequence
>>> ;
>>> ; Sends Morse code at the telemetry amplitude and telemetry frequency as
>>> defined in the
>>> ; [morse] section.
>>> ;
>>> ; Follow with an alphanumeric string
>>> ;
>>> ; |i - Morse ID escape sequence
>>> ;
>>> ; Sends Morse code at the ID amplitude and ID frequency as defined in the
>>> ; [morse] section.
>>> ;
>>> ; Follow with an alphanumeric string
>>>

>>> ct1=|t(350,0,100,2048)(500,0,100,2048)(660,0,100,2048)
>>> ct2=|t(660,880,150,2048)
>>> ct3=|t(440,0,150,4096)
>>> ct4=|t(550,0,150,2048)
>>> ct5=|t(660,0,150,2048)
>>> ct6=|t(880,0,150,2048)
>>> ct7=|t(660,440,150,2048)
>>> ct8=|t(700,1100,150,2048)
>>> remotetx=|t(1633,0,50,3000)(0,0,80,0)(1209,0,50,3000);
>>> remotemon=|t(1209,0,50,2048)
>>> cmdmode=|t(900,903,200,2048)
>>> functcomplete=|t(1000,0,100,2048)(0,0,100,0)(1000,0,100,2048)
>>> patchup=rpt/callproceeding
>>> patchdown=rpt/callterminated
>>> ;idstr=|m('K','B','4','F','X','C')
>>>
>>> ;
>>> ; Morse code parameters, these are common to all repeaters.
>>> ;
>>>
>>> [morse]
>>>
>>> speed=13                ; Approximate speed in WPM
>>> frequency=800           ; Morse Telemetry Frequency
>>> amplitude=4096          ; Morse Telemetry Amplitude
>>> idfrequency=1065        ; Morse ID Frequency
>>> idamplitude=1024        ; Morse ID Amplitude
>>>
>>> ;
>>> ; This section allows wait times for telemetry events to be adjusted
>>> ; A section for wait times can be defined for every repeater
>>> ;
>>>
>>> [wait-times]
>>> telemwait=2000                          ; Time to wait before sending most telemetry
>>> idwait=500                              ; Time to wait before starting ID
>>> unkeywait=2000                          ; Time to wait after unkey before sending CT's and link telemetry
>>> calltermwait=2000                       ; Time to wait before announcing "call terminated"
>>>
>>> ;
>>> ; This is where you define your nodes which can be connected to.
>>> ;
>>>
>>> [nodes]
>>> 111 = radio at 127.0.0.1/111,NONE  ; Change this to your assigned node number
>>> 222 = radio at 127.0.0.1/222,NONE  ; Change this to your assigned node number

>>> Finally, here is the usbradio.conf:
>>> ;
>>> ; Open Sound System Console Driver Configuration File
>>> ;
>>> [general]
>>>
>>> rxcpusaver=0
>>> txcpusaver=0
>>> debug=0x7
>>>
>>> [usb]
>>> ; TKR-850
>>> devicenum=0
>>>
>>> hdwtype=0               ; Leave this set to 0 for USB sound fobs modified
>>> using
>>>                         ; the instructions from usbfob.pdf. Use a setting
>>> of
>>>                         ; 1 is for Dingotel/Sph interfaces.
>>>
>>> rxboost=0               ; 0 = 20db attenuator inserted, 1= 20db attenuator
>>> removed
>>>                         ; Set to 1 for additonal gain if using a low-level
>>> receiver output
>>>
>>> rxctcssrelax=1          ; reduce talkoff from radios w/o CTCSS Tx HPF
>>>                         ; Do not change this, leave this as a 1
>>>
>>> txctcssdefault=0.0      ; default tx ctcss freq, any frequency permitted
>>> rxctcssfreqs=0.0        ; rx ctcss freqs in floating point. must be in
>>> table
>>> txctcssfreqs=0.0        ; tx ctcss freqs, any frequency permitted
>>>
>>> carrierfrom=usbinvert           ; no,usb,usbinvert,dsp,vox
>>>                         ; no - no carrier detection at all
>>>                         ; usb - from the COR line on the modified USB
>>> sound fob
>>>                         ; usbinvert - from the inverted COR line on the
>>> modified USB sound fob
>>>                         ; dsp - from RX noise using dsp techniques
>>>                         ; vox - voice activated from RX audio
>>>
>>> ctcssfrom=no            ; no,usb,dsp
>>>                         ; no - CTCSS decoding, system will be carrier
>>> squelch
>>>                         ; usb - CTCSS decoding using input from USB FOB
>>>                         ; (currently not supported)
>>>                         ; dsp - CTCSS decoding using RX audio in DSP.
>>>                         ; rxdemod option must be set to flat for this to
>>> work.
>>>
>>> rxdemod=speaker         ; input type from radio: no,speaker,flat
>>>                         ; no - RX audio input not used
>>>                         ; flat - Use RX audio from discriminator
>>>                         ; speaker - use de-emphasized audio
>>>
>>> txprelim=no             ; Audio processing on left output channel: no,yes
>>>                         ; no - Audio is not pre-emphasized and limited.
>>>                         ; Suitable for use on a microphone input
>>>                         ; yes - Audio is pre-emphasized and limited.
>>>                         ; Suitable for direct connection to an FM
>>> modulator
>>>
>>> txtoctype=notone        ; Transmit tone control type: no,phase,notone
>>>                         ; no - CTCSS tone encoding with no hang time
>>>                         ; phase - encode CTCSS and reverse phase
>>>                         ; AKA ("reverse burst") before unkeying TX
>>>                         ; notone - encode CTCSS and stop sending tone
>>> before unkeying TX
>>>                         ; AKA ("chicken burst")
>>>
>>> txmixa=voice            ; Left channel output:
>>> no,voice,tone,composite,auxvoice
>>>                         ; no - Do not output anything
>>>                         ; voice - output voice only
>>>                         ; tone - CTCSS tone only
>>>                         ; composite - voice and tone
>>>                         ; auxvoice - auxiliary voice output at headphone
>>> level for monitoring
>>>
>>> txmixb=no               ; Right channel output: no,voice,tone,composite,
>>> auxvoice
>>>                         ; See txmixa above.
>>>
>>> invertptt=0             ; Invert PTT 0 = ground to transmit, 1 = open to
>>> transmit
>>>                         ; This is the collector lead of the 2n4401 on the
>>>
>>> modified
>>>                         ; usb sound fob.
>>>                         ; please refer to the howto for the procedure to
>>> do this.
>>>
>>> duplex=1                ; Full Duplex
>>>

>>> [usb1]
>>> ; IC-706mk2g
>>> devicenum=1
>>> hdwtype=0
>>> rxboost=0
>>> rxctcssrelax=1
>>> txctcssdefault=0.0
>>> rxctcssfreqs=0.0
>>> txctcssfreqs=0.0
>>> carrierfrom=usbinvert   ; no,usb,usbinvert,dsp,vox
>>> ctcssfrom=no            ; no,usb,dsp