[App_rpt] Asterisk segfaults after installation

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at vkradio.com
Sun Jul 27 20:53:53 UTC 2008

At 01:03 AM 7/28/2008, you wrote:

>I hear you about not wanting to re-install a whole system from scratch.

That's because the system is used for other purposes.

>A possible solution for your problem is to use a set of source files
>which is known to work together very well. Why not try downloading the
>files.tar.gz source file tarball from
>http://dl.allstarlink.org/installcd and unpack it in
>/usr/src? After unpacking, run ./configure, make and make install in
>the zaptel, libpri, and asterisk directories.

I was originally looking for a package that would install Asterisk
and some suitable sample configs on an existing system, sort of like
ACID or EVB without the base Linux system, but in any case, I'm open
to this route.  I did use the current Asterisk, Zaptel and libpri
from the Asterisk site for my system.

Will consider it as a good option to try in any case.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com