[App_rpt] Asterisk segfaults after installation

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sun Jul 27 21:56:12 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Steve Totaro
<stotaro at totarotechnologies.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Tony Langdon, VK3JED
> <vk3jed at vkradio.com> wrote:
>> At 01:03 AM 7/28/2008, you wrote:
>>

>>>I hear you about not wanting to re-install a whole system from scratch.
>>
>> That's because the system is used for other purposes.
>>
>>>A possible solution for your problem is to use a set of source files
>>>which is known to work together very well. Why not try downloading the
>>>files.tar.gz source file tarball from
>>>http://dl.allstarlink.org/installcd and unpack it in
>>>/usr/src? After unpacking, run ./configure, make and make install in
>>>the zaptel, libpri, and asterisk directories.
>>
>> I was originally looking for a package that would install Asterisk
>> and some suitable sample configs on an existing system, sort of like
>> ACID or EVB without the base Linux system, but in any case, I'm open
>> to this route.  I did use the current Asterisk, Zaptel and libpri
>> from the Asterisk site for my system.
>>
>> Will consider it as a good option to try in any case.
>>
>> 73 de VK3JED
>> http://vkradio.com
>>

> http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/jdixon/chan_usbradio-1.4/ is
> up to date total Asterisk install.  chan_rptdir is .5.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve Totaro

I am doing a fresh install on FC8 with the instructions I posted
above, will post results, my guess is "make samples" after making and
installing chan_usbradio-1.4 (Asterisk 1.4 with additional code and
channel driver) will populate /etc/asterisk/ with chan_usbradio-1.4
specific samples.

Thanks,
Steve T