[App_rpt] Asterisk segfaults after installation

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Mon Jul 28 01:48:24 UTC 2008

Hi Tony,

I'm interested in your results, too. I had trouble with asterisk version
1.4.20 & 1.4.20.1 that I downloaded and compiled, including the latest
app_rpt, etc., from the xeletec SVN....My problem was that when I tried to
connect 2 channels, asterisk would hang requiring a kill -9 of the
asterisk process to recover....See my messages from earlier this month for
more info...Moving to the 1.4.19 version included in files.tar.gz resolved
this.

I, too, have seen some segfaults with the 1.4.19 asterisk version....But,
I attributed this to a corrupted rpt.conf config--due to my experimenting
with this file....Once I fixed the config, all was okay.

I don't really want to get into the politics of whether to include code in
the asterisk trunk, but, I will make a comment....I've used linux for 17
years now, and I maintain several commercial code libraries for use with
various open-source tools--like PHP and Apache....I can say from
experience that keeping up with a rapidy evolving/moving target--like many
of the open source projects are--can be VERY tedious. In fact, it can be a
full time job in itself! ....So, I have some tolerence about the positions
voiced in earlier threads about not trying the latest & greatest.

Just my $0.02

73, David KB4FXC