[App_rpt] Icom IC-M710 remote control

Asterisk Repeater Controler app_rpt at lists.illiana.net
Wed Jul 30 02:20:40 UTC 2008

Hi Everyone,

I know this may not be the best place to ask, but, I'm not getting answers
anywhere else--so, here it goes!

I'm ultimately planning to use an IC-M710 HF/SSB marine radio as my remote
base. For remote control, it uses an icom proprietary NMEA-0183 command
set. I've reverse-engineered several of the NMEA control sentences by
using a demo version of some windows RC software for it....My main reasons
for using it are that I've got it, is has a decent SSB squelch, etc. I
have it hooked up now, and it seems to work well--except for remote
control.

So far, I can get and set RX/TX frequency, mode, and read RX signal
strength via NMEA. But, no other features--like TX power and other front
panel functions.

Anyone have any idea where I can find additional NMEA documentation for
this beast???  Once I'm finished, I'll add this new control code to
app_rpt and release it back to the group, if anyone is interested.

Thanks in advance!

73, David KB4FXC