[App_rpt] Simplex node with just RXAud/TXAud/PTT ?

Steven Palm n9yty at n9yty.com
Wed Jun 4 05:47:30 UTC 2008

Well, I don't know what particular part of my synaptic net wasn't
firing before, but being stubborn enough to try everything at least a
few more times has paid off.  Have the setting of VOX does seem to be
working perfectly for me right now the way I want it with the radio
handling squelch and CTCSS encode/decode.

On Jun 3, 2008, at 11:52 PM, Roger F. Jordan Sr. wrote:
> I can tell you that there is a way to hook up an HT. However, you
> must keep in mind, the Link would have to operate Half duplex... and
> because of that
> the Autopatch capability would suffer....

  This isn't a big deal, the primary reason I am installing the link
is for radio to radio work, not autopatch work...  Although I
understand there is experimental support in the works for a VOX
autopatch mode to help.  At any rate, I most likely will be in a
position to have other channels to issue commands to the system when
using it anyway if need be.  At some point I may look at a full duplex
node, so thank you for your advisements.

  Steve - N9YTY