[App_rpt] nodenames.tar.gz: clearing up the confusion

Steven Palm n9yty at n9yty.com
Thu Jun 5 02:35:17 UTC 2008

On Jun 2, 2008, at 9:09 PM, Stephen Rodgers wrote:
> Specs: These messages should be as short as possible. And encoded in
> 14
> bit ULAW at a sample rate of 8KHz. The audio level should be
> normalized
> to 32 percent of full level,  You total file size should not exceed
> 50 kilobytes. Cooledit is a good suggested program to use to generate
> these files.

  Oddest thing, I can't seem to find a single program for Mac OS X
that does 14-bit ULAW.  I have lots that do the SUN/NeXT ua format
which I believe is the same, but only 8/16/24/32-bit, nothing in 14-bit.

  What program do Linux users use to do this?  I tried Audacity but it
doesn't seem to even export ULAW at all.

  Steve