[App_rpt] ACID install

Randy Hammock rhammock at ca.rr.com
Sun Oct 5 21:49:00 UTC 2008

On Oct 5, 2008, at 2:07 PM, Eric Fort wrote:

> Though ACID has been referenced before on this list, I don't
> remember it being defined (Allstar Centos Installation Disk).  I'd
> always thought of the term in relation to databases.  Is this then
> the preferred method of setting up a node?  When giving notice that
> a new version is available please link to it:  http://dl.allstarlink.org/
> . (ok my mailer truncated this in the original subject)  Finally how
> does ACID compare to Limey Linux?

ACID is, as its full name says, a CentOS system that gets installed on
a hard disk. ACID is just one of many(?) Asterisk install system;
however, ACID is geared more specifically towards Allstar than
telephony though it does have that telephony element.

Limey Linux is an embedded system install that gets loaded onto
compact flash card and run from a ramdisk, no hard drive.

--
Randy Hammock KC6HUR
http://kc6hur.net/~rhammock/