[App_rpt] New guy with questions

RED BUTTON MOBILE jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sat Sep 27 00:25:28 UTC 2008

Hi all, I have been monitoring the list for a while and read through
some of the the archives.

I am thinking of taking the plunge into the AppRpt world.

Q1)   I have a need to have an 8 port repeater controller at one site
(local radios) with maybe 1 or 2 off site IAX links possible later.
Can a single Asterisk box perform as an 8 port controller?
If so, can it be done with 8 USB fobs?
I read some were that a system was set up with a USB hub and 7 Fobs.

Q2)Assuming system above is doable, what hardware would be required?
I have an IBM P4 3G with 1Gig of memory. I also have 2 USB 2.0 PCI cards
to install for USB support.
Will this system do?

Q3) I went to the Allstar page to request a node number but have not
received a response. for over 2 weeks.
Did I do something wrong? I filled out all the required info and it said
Information uploaded. Does this mean the info was submitted?

Q4) There seems to be several USB Fobs out there, and some are supported
and some look like the right ones but dont have the cm 108 chips.
Is there a list of known makes and models that are supported for AppRpt?
If not could  this info be posted some ware so if one finds a source of
the fob then the model could be checked before buying?

Q5) Can AppRpt support other audio interfaces like multiple Sound cards
or IRLP interfaces.
I know it can use the IRLP interface as a radio interface.
Can it also support M AUDIO multiport audio pci cards?

Anyway that my first opening questions for my project.

Thanks for any help.

Jon
VA3RQ