[App_rpt] New guy with questions

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Mon Sep 29 22:16:10 UTC 2008

RED BUTTON MOBILE wrote:

> Q4) There seems to be several USB Fobs out there, and some are supported
> and some look like the right ones but dont have the cm 108 chips.
> Is there a list of known makes and models that are supported for AppRpt?
> If not could  this info be posted some ware so if one finds a source of
> the fob then the model could be checked before buying?

<-- Ramesh, VA3UV:  as a follow-up to Jon's posting, we've been trying
to source some additional USB fobs.  I purchased mine from Tech Geeks
(as recommended in the USB sound fob modification paper), those guys are
apparently out of stock :(

Perhaps (in addition to known makes and model numbers), folks could also
let us know where they purchased their fobs from!

On a related note, I've also noticed that there appears to be a lot of
DTMF falsing when using the fob (since it detects tones in the human
voice)... while this isn't really a problem since the DTMF codes are
sufficiently 'complex' for app_rpt, as we try to do more with our
app_rpt boxes and add features, DTMF executable scripts, etc., this may
be an issue in the future... just wondering whether this is being worked
on...

Cheers,

Ramesh, VA3UV

Allstar # 2182