[App_rpt-users] URI's I/O fan control

Randy Hammock rhammock at ca.rr.com
Thu Apr 2 17:41:17 UTC 2009

On Apr 1, 2009, at 6:33 PM, Will Wright wrote:

> Hello to the group,
>
> I wonder if anyone would like to share a timing circuit and it's
> programming use with one of the URI I/O pins, lets say to control a
> fan
> to keep the transmitter cool on transmit and off when not in transmit.
> Thanks

I prefer mounting a thermal switch on the heat sink of the
transmitter. This way, the fan is controlled by real need, not some
imagined arbitrary need. When the ambient temp is cool, the fan runs
very little. When the ambient temp is elevated, the fan runs longer.
But the transmitter stays a comfortable temp.

--
Randy Hammock KC6HUR
http://kc6hur.net/~rhammock/