[App_rpt-users] Addition of a second node - messed up node 1

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Tue Apr 7 02:12:28 UTC 2009

Hi Steve and all;

I attempted adding a new node (2424) onto my existing system where I
have 2182 and 2248 running.

2182 is a real node using a usbfob; 2248 is my chan_dstar node.

I followed the instructions in the ACID admin guide when adding the new
node - modified the 4 files as instructed (rpt.conf, iax.conf,
extensions.conf and usbradio.conf).

That all went fine - got node 2424 setup and reporting to the stats
page.  I was able to use CLI and connect 2182 to 2424.  I then noticed
that there was no audio passing from 2182 over to 2424.

I then tried issuing DTMF from 2182 and no go - CLI did not show my DTMF!

Speaking with Jon (VA3RQ) who recently setup a 2 node system, we edited
the rpt.conf and usbradio.conf files such that the 2 nodes specified
Radio/usb0 and Radio/usb1 respectively.  Similarly, we renamed and
edited the usbradio_tune_usb.conf file to reference usb0, and also
renamed the file name to usbradio_tune_usb0.conf and
usbradio_tune_usb1.conf respectively.

No luck - still no audio into the (original) fob.  Unfortunately, I'm
unable to test audio into the new fob since the mods are not complete!

Since I had saved all of the original files, I rolled back to the
original 4 files (single node, 2182) and unfortunately, I have the same
symptoms - no audio into the fob.  In fact when I go into debug mode, I
do not even see a carrier from the fob.

Audio out of the fob works fine!

Is it possible that I've messed up something else when trying to add the
second node - i.e., something other than the 4 files mentioned that
would have an impact on the fobs ability to sense any of the inputs?

Deaf in Toronto....

Ramesh.